PLEASE LABEL YOUR CHILD'S NAME CLEARLY ON ALL ITEMS SENT INTO SCHOOL.
As we try to maximize the amount of physical activity the children have during the day, it is important that they wear safe footwear.
- No sneakers with wheels on them (wheelies).
- No crocs of any color
- No Naot or flip-flops
BUDS & KINDERGARTEN
Please dress your child in comfortable clothing to ensure their enjoyment of the day. Children should not be afraid to get dirty or messy. Please also dress children appropriately for the changing seasons. We will be going outdoors twice daily barring severely inclement weather. Specifically, in the wintertime, appropriate dress includes hats, gloves/mittens, jackets, boots and snow pants.
All boys should wear a kippah or hat daily. As soon as boys are toilet trained, they are also expected to wear tzitzit.
Friday is special because it is Erev Shabbat. We would like the children to dress for their Shabbat Parties. We will not be painting in school on Fridays.
Tops (shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts):
Grades 1-5: Any solid shade of blue or white
Middle School: Any solid color
- All boys: Shirts must have collars
- No writing or logos anywhere
- No hooded pullover sweatshirts
- Sweatshirts worn outdoors do NOT need to adhere to the color and style code. However, if your child is feeling chilly in the classroom, please provide him or her with something that adheres to uniform rules.
- Girls: No scoop neck or other wide neck shirts that expose any portion of the shoulder (even with a camisole or tank top).
Long pants only
Any solid navy blue or khaki beige
Pleated, flat front twill or corduroy pants
No denim, no cargo pants, no zip-off pants
Girls (skirts, jumpers and dresses)
Grades 1-5: Any solid navy blue or khaki beige
Middle School: Any solid navy blue, khaki beige, or black
All Grades - No denim or denim-like material
Please note that the footwear guidelines have been developed with children’s safety as the primary goal.
- Only closed shoes may be worn. (No backless - clogs, naot, or sandals)
- No crocs or flip-flops of any kind.
- Sneakers must be worn on Gym days.
Tights and Leggings:
- Grades 1-5: Any solid shades of blue, black or white.
- Middle School: Any solid shade.
- All Grades: No patterns or denim-like material and rules for tights and leggings apply to knee socks.
- Earrings: Stud and dime size hoop style earring are permissible. Safety is the primary concern.
- Scarves may not be worn as an accessory.
- Hats may not be worn in the classroom.
- No bandanas